Please submit your paper via EasyChair Submission Link (Live Now!).
Double-Blinded Review Process
To ensure a fair and unbiased review, KSEM 2024 will implement a double-blinded review process. Authors are required to prepare their manuscripts in a way that does not disclose their identity.
Instructions for Double-Blinded Submission:
- Author Names and Affiliations: Remove all author names, affiliations, and acknowledgments from the manuscript. Replace the "Author Name" field with "Anonymous."
- Self-citations: When citing your previous work, refer to it in the third person. For example, instead of saying "In our previous work , we showed...", say "In the previous work by [Name, 2021], it was shown..."
- Acknowledgments: Omit the acknowledgments section to preserve anonymity during the review process. You can add it in the camera-ready version.
- Identifying Information: Remove or anonymize any identifying information from the paper's metadata.
- Figures and Supplementary Material: Ensure that there is no metadata or watermark that could reveal the authors’ identity in figures, tables, or supplementary material.
By following these instructions, you help ensure the integrity of the double-blinded review process. Failure to comply may result in the paper being rejected without review.
Submissions should include abstract, 5-10 keywords, and the e-mail address of the corresponding author. The paper submission shall be in PDF format. Each submission should be in the Springer conference format with 10-12 point font, including tables, figures, and references. Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.
Each accepted paper needs at least one author to register in the conference and give an oral presentation at the conference. This process is mandatory for all authors. We assume authors understand this policy before they submit the paper to this conference. For any reasons the authors cannot attend the conference, that will be the authors’ responsibility to take consequences. Any paper withdrawals may result in a punishment given by KSEM 2024. Each submission should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the submission be accepted, at least one of the authors must attend the conference to present the work in order that the accepted paper can be put into digital library.
Papers should be submitted through the paper submission system at the conference website. All paper submissions must represent original and unpublished work. Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format through EasyChair. Manuscripts should be prepared following the Springer Press Proceedings.
Considering some authors prefer publishing longer papers, we allow authors to submit up to 16 pages for regular papers, up to 10 pages for short papers/industrial papers. However, we do not encourage authors to submit overlength papers due to the over length charge. Refer to the following instructions for detailed information about the over length charge:
• Full papers should be submitted electronically in PDF and be 12 pages. We allow 4 more extra pages with extra page fees, total max paper length is 16 pages with extra fees. Please use the Springer LNCS style as described in http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
• Short papers are also accepted. Short papers are expected to be 8 pages, including all text, figures, references and appendices.We allow 2 more extra pages with extra page fees, total max paper length is 10 pages with extra fees.
We also encourage the submission of visionary paper and survey paper, which is belong to type 1.
Important Note: Counting the cost of the over length charge uses the longest submission version (e.g. submission version, updated version, camera-ready version). The purpose of this policy is to save reviewers' time and our operation time.
The scope of KSEM 2024 covers a broad extent including knowledge science, knowledge engineering, and knowledge management. The conference is gathering all high-quality research/industrial papers related to parallel computing and smart computing and targets at proposing a reference guideline for further research.